2013/05/06

Health Lessons from the Marshall Islands




Brenda Davis is a Registered Dietition in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.  She was part of a team that went to the Marshall Islands to create a program to reduce the high incidence of type II diabetes through lifestyle changes.

Brenda is co-author of seven books - best-sellers, Becoming Vegan, Becoming Vegetarian, The New Becoming Vegetarian and Defeating Diabetes, Dairy-free and Delicious and the newly released, Becoming Raw and Raw-food Revolution Diet


3 comments:

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

I hate eating lettuce, but I guess I can ground some of it up in my V-8! That's a start.

Is Momo the Wonder Dog a vegan?

Pandabonium said...

Lettuce can be pretty "blah", but darker green and red varieties can be nice. And there are loads of other greens - swiss chard, bok choy, kale, collard greens, beet greens, Napa cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower to name a few. All delicious even without any added oil or salt. BTW, V-8 has a lot of sodium. Happily for me I found a veggie juice here that has no added salt or sugar - not even grape juice added.

We have been condition by food corporations to become addicts of fats, oils, salt, and sugar. But it's all conditioning and it only takes a few weeks to totally change one's preferences.

Momo TWD - well, you know we evolved from herbavores and animal products make us sick, cats are all carnivores and can't live on anything else, but dogs can be very healthy on either diet.

I'd like to find a commercial dog food in Japan that is vegan as I don't have time or skill to make veggie food for Momo, so at present she gets a mixture of meat based and plant based food.

Thanks for visiting Pacific Islander and this comment. I hope the info is of use.

Martin J Frid said...

I love lettuce :)