2010/07/29

What's the Drill?

At last, Kimie and I are done with the dentist for a while. Each of us had some problems needing care, so early this year we went to our local dentist together. Funny thing about it was that our dentists are a husband and wife team - Dr. and Dr. Hitomi. Kimie needed to have a wisdom tooth removed and another tooth filled. I had two teeth with old fillings which had cracked open and needed root canals and crowns.

So for some months, we've gone to the dentists' office together every couple of weeks to have the work done, never really knowing which of the husband and wife team would be working on us on a given day.

Happily, Japan's "pinko-commie" single payer health insurance (as some Americans might see it) paid the bulk of the cost. Whatever. We're happy.

Now, we're done. Finished. Over. Until our next check up. So, in celebration of that, I give you Allan Sherman's "The Painless Dentist" song.


And if you'd like more Allan Sherman, be sure to visit Sweet-Bluesette.

8 comments:

HappySurfer said...

True. That sure calls for a celebration! Congratulations! What an apt video. Thanks.

George said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful blog! It was a very good read.

I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging on my blog. It is a collection of my travels and the travels of my guests. If you scan the site you can see that now almost 100% of the posts are from guests. Lately I’ve been finding many people interested in guest posting.

Included in your post will be a link to your website using whatever anchor text or key words you wish and a description of your site (if you choose to include one.)

My blog (onetravel.wordpress.com) receives about 2000 visitors a day and that number is steadily growing.

So if you are interested in being a guest, please let me know.

Send me an Email:
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Warm Regards,
George Christodoulou
Travel Blogger | OneTravel
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Pandabonium said...

HappySurfer - thanks. I was getting tired of the whole process. Glad I'm done.

George - thanks much, but I'll have to decline at this time.

Martin J Frid said...

Novocain so one can only eat soft food for 3 weeks, now there is a novel idea for a diet ;)

That blonde is something else. Notice her heels? They don't make them in that size these days!

Very funny clip. It will help me next time I need to open wide...

Pandabonium said...

The assistant is Larri Thomas (1932 - ) an actress and dancer who was in a lot of movies and TV shows in the 50s and 60s.

Anonymous said...

Naruhodo!

PS: Allan Sherman? Didn't notice him at all!

Pandabonium said...

Naughty boy.

ladybug said...

Good to hear...the Beaniac will be having her Wisdom teeth out end of August. We need to get in for check ups but have not coordinated with our new insurance yet. Cross fingers all goes well!