2009/12/22

A Winter Solstice Dream

Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, completed 1791, was commissioned by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace.
(Photo kindly provided by M and J Adventures.)




CHRISTMAS DREAM
From the 1974 film "The Odessa File"
(Andrew Lloyd Weber / Tim Rice / German lyrics: André Heller)

Perry Como & The London Boy Singers


Watch me now, here I go, all I need’s a little snow!
Starts me off, sets the theme,
helps me dream my Christmas dream,
Every year I dream it, hoping things will change,
An end to the crying, the shouting, the dying,
And I hope you will dream it too!
It’s Christmas,
Remember?
We’ve got to remember!

So, light the light, I’m home tonight,
I need you to warm me, to calm me, to love me!
To help me to dream my Christmas dream!

Crazy things, said an’ done,
Every single day but one!
Every night should, I believe,
Be the same as Christmas Eve,
Nights should all be silent,
Days should all slow down,
An end to the hurry, the noise and the worry!
And I hope you believe that too!
It’s Christmas,
Remember?
Does no one remember?

The whole world needs, a Christmas dream,
We need it to warm us, to calm us, to love us . . .
To help us to dream our Christmas dream!

(Lüge dirigiert die Welt, Ehrlichkeit bringt selten Geld,
Jeder möcht' Sieger sein, wer verliert bleibt ganz allein;
Doch manch Will' ist möglich durch die Fantasie
Du stirbst um zu leben und nimmst um zu geben;)
Einmal im Jahr wird alles wahr
Zu Weihnacht vergiss nicht,
Vergiss es gewiss nicht.

The whole world needs, a Christmas dream,
We need it to warm us, to calm us, to love us . . .
We need it to warm us, to calm us, to love us . . .
We need it to warm us, to calm us, to love us . . .
To help us to dream our Christmas dream!

~~~~~

Pacem in Terrace

Best wishes to all on this Winter Solstice and always from
K, Pandabonium, and Momo

8 comments:

K and S said...

nice! happy holidays!

Martin J Frid said...

Thanks, and a good yule to you and your beloved.

Robin said...

May I add from Bob Rivers:

Chipmunks roasting on an open fire
Hot sauce dripping from their toes
Chipmunks: Oh! That tickles!
Yuletide squirrels fresh filleted by the choir
They poked hot skewers through their nose
Chipmunks: Ow! Wrong end, cowboy!
Everybody knows some pepper and a garlic clove
Help to make them seasoned right
Tiny rats with a crisp golden coat
Will really hit the spot tonight

And now when Santa sees his tray
Santa: Ho ho ho ho ho
There'll be some homemade chipmunk jerky for his sleigh
Santa: Mmmm…Hey, look at that!
And every hungry child is gonna spy
To see if chipmunks really sing when they fry
And so I'm brushing on some honey glaze
To keep them crisp and juicy too
Let's hope they get served many times many ways
Tasty Chipmunks; good food

Dave: On that, Mr. Cole
Mr.Cole: Yes, sir, Mr. Seville?
Dave: Would you mind handing me the barbeque sauce? I am starved!
Mr.Cole: Oh,no problem Dave. Hey listen, you best be havin' two of those drumsticks, because they're oh-so-tiny and there ain't much meat on ‘em
Melvin: What about animal rights, Dave?
Dave: Put a sock in it Melvin. You know, for years people said you over-rated hamsters were my meal ticket. Now I guess you could just say you're my meal!
That's a good one, Dave…I always knew you was the funny one in the group!
Dave: Damn straight!

And so I'm offering some recipes
From chipmunk pie to chipmunk stew
I'm not really sad that it ended this way
Furry chipmunks screw you

Dave: Did you hear that Melvin? Melvin? Melllllllllllviiiiiiiiiiiin?
Mr. Cole: Why, I'm sorry Dave, did you want Melvin? There's plenty of Thagadore left though…

Robin said...

Wishing You and Your Family ...

A

Merry Christmas

and a Healthy, Blissful New Year

Pandabonium said...

K and S - Thanks. Happy Holidays to you both as well.

Martin - and God Jul och Gott Nytt År to you and yours.

Robin - too funny. you have gone from being the "karmic" to the "comic"! Happy holidays to you too and all the best in the new year.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

And best wishes for today and the holiday for us here in Geelong - a cool day,an hour of worship, a seven-year-old about putting presents in the letter-box, an excellent lunch, and now a few car-loads of visitors are coming.
Wendy

Pandabonium said...

Thanks Wendy. We just got back from our Christmas dinner at Wordsworth restaurant (like I posted about last year). All the best to you.

bonnie said...

Oh, good heavens, for a split second I thought you were in Brooklyn!

Haouli Makahiki Hou

and my new favorite Italian New Year's greeting for sailors -

Tanti Auguri e Buona Navigazione!

(because we can't "kelp" it? Fantastic!)