2009/02/03

Photo Tag!

-Not be confused with "Guten Tag!"

Bonnie, our friend who is a Hawaii transplant thriving in New York City and writes about her kayaking and sailing adventures on the blog "frogma" tagged me for this.

In general "I don't do tags". However, I will make an exception in this case, since it is such an easy one. The instructions were: "go into your photo archive, pick the 4th folder in the archive, select the 4th picture in the folder, and write about it. A person then needs to tag 4 other people to do the same". The only hard part is choosing people to tag as I have turned down so many others.

I was pleasantly surprised that the photo turned out to be one I like very much.


I took this picture of the Haiden (worship hall) at Kashima Jingu shrine (the major Shinto Shrine in our area) in late 2005. This picture was later (as discussed in my post "Pandabonium Goes Poetic" June 20, 1006) chosen by San Fransisco poet Joanne Olivieri to be the cover for Ya'Sou! Ezine online poetry magazine.

I tag Moody Minstrel, Snabulus, NZM, and Olivia (who can't seem to settle on a blog name as she keeps moving around!).

12 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh cool!

I've seen this tag before and liked it. It's really exciting that yours was picked for a magazine cover. "Ya'Sou" is a Greek exclamation like "cheers" or to "your health"....

Heyyy, you made me laugh reading your comment about my blog name :-D

ladybug said...

What a nice picture! Of couse now I will have to check out that book...

nzm said...

I'll do it, I promise!

bonnie said...

Hey, you did it! Thanks!

Beautiful picture, I am not surprised it got picked for a cover.

I usually go with the "I tag whoever wants to be tagged" route, but this one seemed pretty simple, and as I said, I do always enjoy your pictures & the stories that go with them.

The Moody Minstrel said...

It'll depend partly on WHICH photo archive I decide to look at as I have a few. I'm almost afraid of what'll come up, though...

Pandabonium said...

Olivia - yeah, "too your health". Your pics from the air & space museum are cool. As a pilot and son of an aeronautical engineer, I envy you for visiting that museum. Thanks for doing the tag. You have so many great pics it will be fun to see which one you post.

Ladybug - I could find the online magazine, but couldn't dig up that cover. Maybe didn't spend enough time.

NZM - thanks. Your photography skills are awesome. Can't wait to see what pops up.

bonnie - 'welcome. thanks.

Moody - heh heh. Up for a little photo Russian roulette?

nzm said...

Mine will appear on our blog late Sunday your time!

The Moody Minstrel said...

'Kay, I doed it!

The Moody Minstrel said...

Incidentally, I just found out that the "Kashima" weather window you have on your site is actually for the "Kashima" in Fukushima Prefecture!

(I got suspicious when it said it was currently -2 degrees and snowing...)

Pandabonium said...

Moody - Shhh... I'm trying to get sympathy for how cold it is.

Actually, thanks. I fixed it. Seems I missed a drop down menu in the process of setting it up.

HappySurfer said...

Will say it again - I love that picture.

Pandabonium said...

Thank you, Happy.