2007/09/07

Fido Fights Fitow

by Momo the Wonder Dog

Typhoon Fitow at 3am Japan Time

We had a typhoon go by last night. In fact it's still windy and rainy. Typhoon Fitow (pronounced fee-tow) is a category 1 storm. Before going to bed, Pandabonium came out and put my big blanket over my house and weighted it down with blocks as added protection from wind and rain. I was OK for a while, though it was really noisy. According to Narita Airport and Hyakuri Air Base, both of which are only 20 miles or so from us, the wind was blowing 30 mph with gusts of 55 mph or more. Then, about 1 am, I started getting wet. The wind was blowing rain drops across my covered patio and into my house, all the way to the back wall. I barked for help. Pandabonium came out and saw what was happening and took me into the house. He made a bed for me in the laundry room. Ah! a dry place to sleep.

Fitow's Path

Then sometime in the early morning hours (the storm peaked here about 3 am) my dog house blew over and into the yard! The roof came off, the floor came out, and everything got soaking wet. Good thing I wasn't in there. Now, Pandabonium is washing my bedding and letting the dog house dry in the garage. I'm laying by his feet in the kitchen. I'd rather be outdoors, but not in this storm. The weekend weather is supposed to be good. I sure hope so.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh, Momo, I'm glad you're OK!

Don Snabulus said...

That's one way to get a remodelling of the old doghaus. I'm glad you get to stay inside for a bit. Make sure you let the humans know when it is time for "you know."

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Bonnie - wag wag wag. thanks. My humans take good care of me. Maybe if I were in the house, my weight would have kept it steady (not). Anyway, I'm fine and actually enjoyed being in the kitchen for a while.

Uncle Snabby - Yeah..wild..Aunty Em Aunty Em... Amazingly, my house is all dry and back together good as new. Oh, and the rain stopped by noon, so I even got to go on a walk and take care of business.:=P