2007/07/03

Dog Tagged

I got tagged by the Moody Minstrel. (Well, I got tagged by the vet before that).
I think because I barked a lot at Moody a couple of weeks ago. Or maybe he knows Pandabonium won't play tag, but anyway....

Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.

1) Being a dog on guard duty is something like what Pandabonium says about flying a plane: long stretches of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror. To relax, I like playing with my toys. I like to pull the pants off my stuffed parrot toy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I look like I am sleeping, but I am really on "hair trigger" alert.

2) Food: I eat twice as much breakfast in Winter as I do in Summer. In Winter, even though the floor of my house is heated, I burn up calories in the cold air, so I wake up hungry. In Summer, I'm not as hungry and don't eat until mid-morning. I "sing" for my dinner while it is been dished up, until it is in the bowl and whoever is feeding me says "OK".

3) I like to scare the sparrows that come into my yard. I lie in wait - sometimes in a hole I dig under a bush - until they land and then jump up and bark at them. Ha!

4) After my walk, I like to run around the house once or twice going as fast as I can! Then I jump up on the bench to get a treat.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Walking by a shed where they make bamboo charcoal. Someone in the big house on the left plays saxophone.

5) I do tricks to get my treat after each walk. Sit, lie down, shake paws, high five, and dance.

6) I like getting a shower and shampoo, but don't care for getting my head wet or having a towel put over my head.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you see the light beige area on my left side?

7) I bark at kids who walk past our house on the way to and from school as well as anyone else - unless they stop to talk to me like the lady with the baby in a stroller who walks by every day.

8) My fur looks white in pictures, but there are subtle tones of light beige in places, and of course my ears are black. My skin color is patches of pink, brown, and black.

I tag Agus, Reena, and NZM.

12 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

What can I say? It is a dog's life.

Keep up the exercise ad barking Momo.

PinkPanther said...

Being a pet like Momo, would be more happier than as a Human Beings.

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Snabby - Thanks! I will. Woof.

Pinkpanther - I think so. I've got a good gig here. Of course lots of dogs in the world don't have it so good. I almost ended up in the dog pound myself. :=(

Hey, I tag you also, PP!

ladybug said...

It seems you lead a more adventurous life than I do, MoMo! Glad to see you take your guard duty seriously - somebody's got to anyhow!

Although we've tried many different "treats" to teach our daughter the "trick" of cleaning her room, she doesn't seem to catch on...you're way smarter it seems!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Gorgeous dog. We really miss Suzie and any dogs but our road is too dangerous now that big trucks sometimes shake our house when they go past. When we lived near the High School, Suzie used to sometimes get out, run across the road and visit the boys at the school. Suzie was a corgi-collie-kelpie and we bought her for $2 at a school bazaar.
w.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Oh, a little barking doesn't bother me. Neither do a few pawprints on my pantleg.

QUASAR9 said...

lol Pandabonium
a dog with his own blog
Soon the dog's blog will be more popular than either yours or mine

Lucky he speaks our tongue, or are you the official wow-wow interpreter

Swinebread said...

It certainly is a dog life you’re living.

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Ladybug - PandaB says his daughters were opposites about neatness. One had her room well organized all the time, the other's was always a mess. Both turned into wonderful adults.

Wendy - thanks. Suzie must have a been a sweet dog. Sorry she's gone, but glad that you had her in your lives.

Moody - good, come a little closer...(he he he)

Quasar9 - you'd be surprised at how many dogs have their own blogs:
Dogs With Blogs :P

I don't speak any human languages, - so I just type American English.

Swinebread - it's a symbiotic relationship, but between you and me, I think us dogs got the better end of the deal. :P

Hill said...

momo, I think you need to stop by for a visit in the Hill Country.

Swear, you are just too cute!!!

agus said...

Oh darn it Momo! You're too cute.

It's not fair to tag me you know, you sneaky, cheeky, riff raff... I can't possibly compete with that. But then again, it's not a competition. So woof and woof, I'll do my best to oblige.

I wonder if 'sam i am' has been tagged. Hmmm...

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Hill - OK, I'll come over and play with your dogs. ;P

Aw, Agus - you're plenty cute. (besides, pictures aren't required if you're shy). Thanks for doing the tag. :p