2007/05/10

Dog Daze

Ah, the Dog Days of Summer! Great for relaxing under my sunshade and catching a few Zzzzzzzs. My winter windows, door flap, and heater have been put away, and reed shade installed. I wonder if I can get a ceiling fan like Moody's.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK, OK, I know it isn't summer yet, but the weather is nice and warm, so I'm practicing.


I was going to get a bath yesterday, but it is a good thing I didn't. On my afternoon walk I was off the leash, walking along a dirt road by a freshly plowed field, and saw a bird (a white wagtail) about fifteen meters (50 feet) out in the field. Pandabonium called to me to remind me to keep off the field. I looked at him, then looked at the bird again. I knew I was supposed to obey Panda, but something deep inside of me told me that I MUST chase that bird, and off I went.

Boy, was I surprised! The field looked solid, just like the dirt road, but as soon as stepped into it I sank up to my knees! I soon realized that there was no way I was going to catch the bird while being bogged down in the dirt, but the bird kept teasing me. It would fly a short distance and stop, then as soon as got close it would fly off again. I ended up making a big circle in the field back to where I had started. The bird was gone and Pandabonium was laughing and calling to me. I was dirty from the knees down, but it was too late in the day for a bath.

I think I would have been in real trouble if I had done that right after a bath. As it was, I just dusted off with a towel. Tomorrow will be warm and sunny, so I'll get cleaned up real good then. The experience was a little embarrassing, and I learned I can't catch a bird that way and to stay off the fields, but even so, I have to admit it was kinda fun.

13 comments:

ladybug said...

Sorry about the bird, Momo, maybe it was "Coyote" disguise - a trickster to teach a lesson as it were.

I love your little house, perhaps we should get one for our cat-but he seems to prefer the long grass under the liliacs by the garden.

nzm said...

Sorry to laugh at your expense, Momo, but this story is hilarious!

I can just picture you sporting your 2-tone mud job!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

You do have a great life, doggie. We had a bee in the train carriage today and the conductor clipped it, stunned it and it fell down unconscious. I think it hadn't paid for its ticket.
w.

Pandabonium said...

Well, Momo, I hope you learned something about chasing after things.
When you had your bath today, I was happy to find a pretty white Momo dog under all that dirt!

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Ladybug - well, I think it was more like the Roadrunner. Beep! Beep!
My house is pretty cool but I like to lay in the bushes too. Your cat is lucky - we don't have any grass.

NZM - that's what Panda called me - a 2-tone dog. It was more just dirt than mud. Happily it all came off with my shampoo today.

W. - I can't complain. A bee! Good thing it didn't sting the driver. Panda told me he once had a wasp crawl up his leg and sting him while he was driving a car.

Pandabonium - thanks for giving me a bath and washing my bedding today. The shampoo felt refreshing.

Swinebread said...

ha ha what a great dog house!

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Swinebread - thanks. You should see the rec room I have in the basement! :P

Olivia said...

Momo, that's too cute - you have your own little deck!!!

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Yeah, Olivia, my house is my castle. :P

Robin said...

there must be something about bird and doggy,

I love to smell them but they keep running away.

Of course I give chase.
(and Robin is always running behind me)

Bodhi

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Hi Bodhi! We do have instincts that seem to take over at times. Good thing we have our humans who lovingly guide us and look after us.

YD said...

Never pass a chance to have fun! That's the way of life~!

(I would give u a gentle scolding later, after all the fun.) ;-P

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

YD - well, though PandaB laughed, he did give me a talking to. Although I've been tempted, I've not run off like that since. It was fun though!