2006/12/03

Sunny Sunday

Saturday's bike ride was nice. Today is a sunny Sunday and perhaps our last chance to head up to northern Ibaraki to see this fall's colorful leaves. Meanwhile, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this story....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Postcard from Raleigh Japan website.


An 80-year old man goes to the doctor for a checkup.

The doctor is amazed at what good shape the guy is in and asks,”How do you stay in such great physical condition?”

“I’m a cyclist,” says the old guy, “and that’s why I’m in such good shape. I’m up well before daylight and go out and ride my bicycle.”

“Well,” says the doctor, “I’m sure that helps, but there’s got to be more to it. How old was your dad when he died?”

“Who said my dad’s dead?”

The doctor is amazed. “You mean you’re 80 years old and your dad’s still alive. How old is he?”

“He’s 100 years old,” says the old cyclist. “In fact he rode with me this morning, and that’s why he’s still alive . . . he’s a cyclist too.”

“Well,” the doctor says, “that’s great, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. How about your dad’s dad? How old was he when he died?”

“Who said my grandpa’s dead?”

Stunned, the doctor asks, “You mean you’re 80 years old and your grandfather is still living! Incredible; how old is he?”

“He’s 119 years old,” says the old cyclist.

The doctor is getting frustrated at this point, “So, I guess he went bike riding with you this morning too?”

“No. Grandpa couldn’t go this morning because he’s getting married today.”

At this point the doctor is close to losing it.

“Getting married!! Why would a 119 year-old guy want to get married?”

“Who said he wanted to?”

10 comments:

Peety said...

I hope you enjoyed the rest of yor day ..

Send us a bit of your sunshine :)

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!
OT, on that question on my other blog, scroll down and read "Blogger's Calendar." :-)

Martin J Frid said...

Hahahaha, great joke... Wow we are having great weather now. A good time to go bike riding!

And Urawa Reds won the J League football champion ship (my Saitama team).

Enjoy!

The Moody Minstrel said...

Wow...talk about the cycle of life! That was a good story!

My wife just flunked her health check, too. Maybe it's time to visit the bike shop...

Anonymous said...

great story!

Pandabonium said...

peety - thanks for the visit. we've had sunshine, but it's pretty cool here in Japan. will try to push some Fiji air your way.

HCG - picture on its way.

Martin - weekend weather was really awesome. glad your team won.

Moody- I hope your wife feels better now after the "feast of lights" episode.

east of oregon - thanks for visiting. beautiful profile picture you've got.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, but I linked you on my site. I think it's good for readers to explore other blogs and yours is GREAT!

Pandabonium said...

HCG- Aw, shucks. Blush. Thanks. You may have noticed your blog is listed in my links as well.

YD said...

hahaha... @_@ that was unexpected.

seeing the raleigh ad, I think i will grabbed my coursemate's Raleigh bike and have a good ride tomorrow. ;-)

Pandabonium said...

Have a nice ride, and watch out for those blasted automobile contraptions.

My youngest daughter bought a Raleigh mountain bike this year. All of the new Raleigh bikes are built in Southeast Asia now, though the headquarters remain in England. The company has an interesting history.