2006/11/05

Momo, das Schnappi kleine Shi tzu?

This has nothing to do with my life as a dog in Japan. I just think it is cute.

Have you seen Schnappi? Schnappi is a baby Egyptian crocodile from a German children's cartoon that came out in 2004. His song became so popular through internet file sharing, that they released a CD which rose to #1 on the POP charts in Germany in January of 2005. This shows that file sharing doesn't necessarily hurt music sales, it often helps them. Schnappi might never have become so popular without it.


Schnappi das kleine Krokodile

Anyway, I hope you enjoy little Schnappi. Sometimes I want to be a snappy dog. Maybe I should sing a song about myself, "Momo, the snappy little shi tzu"!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For news about Schappi, click the above picture

8 comments:

The Moody Minstrel said...

I'm amazed at how much of that I was able to understand considering I haven't been practicing my German much.

pinkpanther said...

Momo of course is a snappy dog in me. :)

When I'm watching the Schnappi vedio, I want to dance.

PandaB will compose one similar song to U soon.

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Moody - Ich spreche nicht Deutsches, but I like the tune!

wag wag wag

PP - well, thanks. I get in big trouble when I playfully nip PandaB or K, but I guess there are other ways to be "snappy". :oP

nzm said...

Thank you!

J is German, and every so often in mad moments the Schnappi song is sung, and she tells me about the cartoon, amazed that I, from the Pacific, have not heard about or seen this famous crocodile.

Now I have!

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Wundervoll. You're welcome. Now you can picture Schnappi while J sings the song.

wag wag wag

YD said...

Schnappi Schnappi Schap... that was SOOOO cute!!! the song is stuck in my head now, you know, sometimes there are songs which you just can't help humming them again and again.=)

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Glad you liked it. I hear Pandabonium humming it sometimes. Better than his grumbling. :P

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Really, YD? That's so cool!

Pandabonium sent it to his 3 year old granddaughter too and found an English translation of the song for her. I'll have him email it to you.

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp

WOOF!