2006/10/05

Taveuni - Diver's Dream

As I've tried to show on this blog, Taveuni Island, Fiji, has many beautiful areas to explore on foot or by kayak and even to view from the air. But beneath the waters around Taveuni there awaits yet another realm of natural splendor. Taveuni offers some of the world's best scuba diving adventures.

In this post we'll take a peek under the sea with Jewel Bubble Divers, Taveuni's new diving business started last year by Qiolele Morisio. With 14 years experience in diving, Qio (pronounced NGIO) has a team of divers who have spent their lives in and on the waters here. The company motto is "Dive with Locals". Indeed, who better to show you their world?

"Clarissa" - new custom dive boat.

Jewel Bubble Divers operates from Matei, the north end of Taveuni, which is located closest to the best dive sites, and they will pick you up from your accomodation. They have an excellent beachfront location. Their 28 foot long custom dive boat, Clarissa, can do 20 knots fully loaded to get you to and from your dive site quickly.


Spinner dolphins


Fiji's reefs are famous for their brilliantly colored fish and soft corals. Somosomo Straights between Taveuni and Vanua Levu offer numerous opportunities to see them.

Protecting the oceans and these reefs is important so that the ecosystem which we are a part of is maintained and so that future generations of residents and visitors alike can benefit from and enjoy seeing the rich diversity of undersea life. Jewel Bubble Divers is a memeber of CORAL - Coral Reef Alliance which works on reef conservation through education and promoting a model for sustainable reef destinations.


Some of the more popular dives include the Great White Wall and Little White Wall, named for their luminescent white coral; Rainbows End, with an incredible gardens of multi-colored soft corals; and 3 Bommies, made up of three giant coral towers or "bommies" that rise up from the sea floor to within 12 meters of the surface. Jewel Bubble Divers can share with you their knowledge of over 20 dive sites in the area, each with its own unique features. They offer snorkel trips too.


Owner/diver Qio Morisio

Professional instruction for PADI diving certification is available, of course. I have read several customer reviews - on the Jewel Bubble Divers website, as well as on personal blogs and other websites. From novices to diving experts, they all have high praise for this company and its people.

So check out the Jewel Bubble Divers website by clicking any of the pictures in this post or HERE, and plan now to let them make your trip to Taveuni a memorable one that includes everything that the island has to offer below sea level as well as above.



Click Here For Your Own South Seas Paradise On Taveuni

12 comments:

FH2o said...

The dolpins and waters have gotten me drolling again ... ahhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable how stunningly gorgeous Fiji is. I surf and am a beach native so the appeal of Fiji has been in me forever.

I will take a vacation "lifeboat" to Fiji. Contacting you Pandaa will be my first task.

I wanted to ask you if you have written a post about the LDP, The CIA , Mr. Abe's Grandpa and the fascist roots and how it compares to the the current neocons. if you want to do a guest post at my site since it would be a shame to spoil the beauty of yours, let me know. But in any case I think it woould be facinating.

Peace My Friend,

Swim

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, I'm a diver too...Swim deep...get it?

Pandabonium said...

FH2O - keep your drool in your own kayak. %^P Yeah, the waters are incredibly clear. I've gone through a school of flying fish in a boat and had them flying alongside and into it. Also stood on a beach on Vanual Levu across from Taveuni and watched dolphins playing in the waves like body surfers. Amazing.

Swim - I try to keep my two blogs mostly a-political, except for the occassional humorous dig when I can't resist the tempation. I'd be honored to do a guest post on your blog. Abe's not the only one with skeletons in the family closet. The political situations in the US and Japan are deeply connected, so it's all relevant to what's happening.

Didn't dawn on me that you're a diver - duh! - just thought deep referred to thought.

K and I just snorkel, but I'd love to get certified for diving (if I can keep my sinuses clear long enough). Hopefully we'll get set up in Fiji sometime soon and you guys can come splash around in paradise.

Lrong said...

Woooh... aaoooouuu... heeeeeaaa... burrrrppp.... I am in agony...

Pandabonium said...

Lrong - I felt bad posting this right after your Inland Sea adventure, but was already in the works so couldn't be helped. ~0@

(that's supposed to be a scuba diver emoticon)

Anonymous said...

Panda...you write it, I'll post it. And it all about deep, deep thought, deep sea, deep emotion. Its what makes me tick. Let me know when you want to do the post and no hurry, when you can.

Peace Bro,

-Swim

YD said...

aww... i had a trip to Redang Island, Malaysia during this summer. Seeing Taveuni makes me ask for more! panda is certainly the source of temptation! ;^p

Robin said...

I love diving... had an advance diver cert.

will definitely dream of visiting.

Pandabonium said...

When we have our home there, come stay a while Robin.

Pandabonium said...

Oh, you too YD.

Maybe we should plan a bigger house.

Happysurfer said...

Underwater world is definitely more enticing than above it. Very nice pictures.