2006/09/19

So much to blog, so little time...

Last night, while walking Momo, the sky showed signs that Typhoon #13 was nearly spent and had passed. It had been a terrible storm that caused the deaths of at least nine people in Kyushu - far to our south and west - and of which we had only experienced the periphery as its path was up the middle of the Sea of Japan, on the other side of the country from us. The clouds were breaking up and the setting sun was starting to paint the sky in luscious sherbet flavors. Red sky at night, sailor's delight. I wondered if that would hold true.

After we got home, I grabbed the camera, yelled to K to look out the window (she was busy doing something or other to her hair as women are wont to do and couldn't hear me, so at first thought something was on fire or that I had hurt myself), and then rode my bike to a nearby field for a good view. A few mosquitoes had dinner "on me" as I stood for however long it was and watched and took pictures of the deepening spectacle before me, only slightly annoyed at being bitten.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


"And I think to myself, 'What a wonderful world.' Oh, yeah...."

Click to hear "What a Wonderful World"

8 comments:

nzm said...

Gorgeous!

The Moody Minstrel said...

A post-typhoon evening sky is one of the few delights those storms bring. That and a warm, lazy day (i.e. the kids are torpid and docile)...

FH2O said...

What a wonderful sky indeed! And nicely captured too!

Pandabonium said...

thanks all. Moody - if you could only figure out how to induce such a state in the classroom...

PinkPanther said...

(What a wonderful SKY..
I see sky is RED.
and clouds are yellow and Grey,
and I think to myself,
What Happen to it?.)

I thought it was on FIRE :-P

Happysurfer said...

Wow! They are like paintings. Beautiful. Oh, yeah....

So much to blog, so little time...
- funny, that's how I feel sometimes.

Robin said...

Oh .. the cloud watching virus has spread...

from Unker to Singapore and to u...

B-)

Pandabonium said...

Keep watching the skies!