2006/09/20

Pandabonium Goes Poetic

No, Pandabonium has not started to write poetry. I don't even play a poet on TV. However, San Fransisco poet and editor of the poetry ezine "Ya'Sou!", Joanne Olivieri, has chosen one of my photos for the cover of the October issue, which is now online. So take a look at Ya'Sou! and enjoy the poetry and the picture. By the way, "ya'sou" is Greek for "to your health".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kashima Jingu in Autumn

Jo also has a website featuring her own award winning work HERE. Be sure to check out her poetry chapbook "Red Lanterns", which was named Poetry Chapbook of the Year 2005 by Muses Review magazine, and was inspired by a trip to Hong Kong.

Thank you Jo, I am honored.

8 comments:

Happysurfer said...

What a beautiful picture. Love the colour combination. She picked the right one.

Pandabonium said...

Thanks Happy. That shrine is a beautiful subject at any time of year.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!

As for me, Kashima Shrine has always been a source of inspiration...and the air in there definitely helps clean out both the lungs and the spirit.

Don Snabulus said...

I have many good memories visiting the Minstrel in Japan many years ago and spending time around the Kashima Shrine.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

nzm said...

Way cool - congratulations!

Pandabonium said...

Thanks everyone. MM & Snabbie, that place is somehow very much in tune with the human spirit. I can't explain it, don't really need to I suppose. Just one of those magical places where one feels "right" just by being there.


keedya - I wouldn't keedya

Robin said...

wow... I know u are famous and is some well known celebrity hiding under this nick...

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Nah, just an ol' Panda bear.