2006/09/19

Digital Fiji

Digital and Fiji are not two terms that one is likely to think of together, but it is the name of a new blog that covers exactly that. It's a rare treat to find a new Fiji blog. I was going to say this one is quite unique, but being a Fiji blog already puts it in that category.

Digital Fiji is written by Chris Hammond-Thrasher who says, "after a decade of IT consulting in Canada, my family and I sold everything and moved to Fiji. Now I manage the IT shop in the largest library in the South Pacific".

[Not everyone who reads Pacific-Islander will know that "IT" stands for "information technology". Well, now you do.]

Chris is the kind of person, and services, that Fiji should welcom. He is also someone doing what most of us just dream about. So check out "Digital Fiji", leave comments, ask questions, and encourage Chris to write up a storm.

5 comments:

nzm said...

Awesome - thanks for the heads-up.

thrashor said...

I am glad that you find value in my words as I do in yours. Vinaka.

Pandabonium said...

NZM - promises to be an interesting blog.

Thrashor, vinaka to you.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Yeah, checked it out and he lists Fiji related blogs which is interesting. I caught up with a Fiji/Oz girl who is an artist through links there.
I guess he means USP - a great place, good bookshop, library, tuckshop and cafeteria.
W.

Pandabonium said...

Cool, huh? One of his posts shows a picture of USP library. I visited USP in 2000 and really liked the bookshop.
(Back in the 1970's I had a handicrafts store in Lahaina, Maui. I "borrowed" the USP logo for it.)

Anyway, nice to see so many Fiji blogs and have the writers of them interacting.