2006/09/20

Beach Blanket Momo

Monday evening's red sunset fulfilled its promise for a fair morning the next day. K had a day off and surprised me by taking me to Kashimanada Beach Park!
We set up a picnic at a low bench and I found a cool spot in the shade underneath it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm staying in the shade - under the bench.

I had never seen the ocean before, and it was kind of noisy and scary. My breed started in Tibet, which is a long, long way from any ocean. Pandabonium took me down by the water. I didn't go in, but had fun playing with K and Pandabonium on the sand.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After a nice lunch - they brought doggy treats and K shared a bit of her banana bread with me - we sat and watched people fish, surf, or skateboard. Then we went over to some animal statues and I had fun playing on them.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I always wondered what it would be like to be a sheep dog.

A pretty flutterby came around. I don't know why is was so near the ocean. Maybe it was lost. It landed right next to our picnic. I wasn't allowed to play with it, so it flew away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The pretty flutterby on the grass.


I climbed on the "flying saucer" and Pandabonium told me the story of the strange woman who washed ashore in a round craft over two hundred years ago. He probably doesn't realize that I knew all about it, as my ancestors came from the Dog Star "Sirius" thousands of years ago to rule the earth. That is why humans are our servants. The ancient Egyptians knew this and built temples to worship us, but it was decided that it would be better to let humans keep their illusions about being the ruling species on Earth. We don't usually talk about it because now days it might cause culture shock if humans knew their true status in relation to us dogs, but I think the human readers of this blog can handle it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"That's one small step for a dog..."

Do you doubt it? Think about this: when mankind decided to venture into space, who was the first one they sent? No, it wasn't Yuri Gagarin - it was a dog, of course. Her name was Laika, and she rode Sputnik 2 into orbit in November of 1957. But I digress....

The beach was great fun. I liked the park and the picnic better than the beach, though the fresh air was wonderful. It was especially nice to have so much attention and get to play with Pandabonium and K all day.

I was tired afterward, but it was worth it. I hope they take me there again sometime.


8 comments:

PinkPanther said...

MOMO...Great to know you have a good time there with PandaB. and K.

I enjoy the Beach fun too! You know all the beaches that I've been to so far, the Golden Coast Beach in Australia is the best one, very soft sand and Clean.

Happysurfer said...

Dear Momo, that's a wonderful post and great pictures too. Thanks for sharing your day and glad you had fun. Mind telling me what's that structure in the picture after the one with the flutterby?

Happysurfer said...

Momo, no need to answer my question. I got it. I should have read further. Silly me.

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Thanks PP, Pandabonium and K tell me the beaches in Fiji and Hawaii are like what you are describing in Australia because those beaches are formed from sand made by reef fish. Thanks for helping me remind them to take me with them. :P

Happysurfer, Thanks. You can read the WHOLE story in the earlier post titled "Alien Encounter!" posted Monday.

nzm said...

Momo: what a great day at the beach!

You have to get Pandabonium to let you watch the movie Good Boy!

It's all about a dog who is sent from Sirius to Earth to find out how the Earth dogs are doing - because there have been rumours that they have failed to take over the planet.

It's kind of a kid's story - but I enjoyed it, because I'm still a kid at heart!

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Thanks NZM! I'll ask Pandabonium to find that movie for me.

Don't feel shy about being a kid at heart. As Antoine de St. Exupery wrote in "The Little Prince":

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."

Licks and wags,
Momo

Robin said...

Momo and the sea...

life to the fullest Momo and hope u are enjoying it.

flutterby are cute, aint they?

Momo the Wonder Dog said...

Woof, Robin. Some days make life really wonderful. I like flutterby, so pretty.