2006/08/31

Blog Day?

Blog Day - Blogging sure is an interesting phenomenon and seems to be bringing people together from around the world - at least those with access to the internet. Something to celebrate to be sure.

I'm supposed to do a write up of five new blogs I find interesting and post it here with links, then notify those bloggers. Reluctantly, I too will list five, but they aren't all new to me. Hopefully some will be new to YOU and you'll pay them a visit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


A Little East of Reality - a young woman in Canberra who lived in Japan for three years posts this blog. Her thoughts often return to Japan as she writes about her life in Australia's capital.

Babasiga - my favorite Fiji website. The adventures of Wendy, native Australian artist and church organist, and her husband Peceli, native Fijian, Methodist Minister and avid golfer. They live in both countries. Real people with real stories to tell (except the ones that Wendy makes up).

Letters From Exile - a gay cowboy (really) who found refuge (not quite) from the new world order in Costa Rica a few years back, Scott Bidstrup writes piercing political commentary as he shares his experiences living in Central America. A prolific writer, his homepage has many well reasoned and informative articles on several topics.

M and J Adventures - "NZM" is a Fijian born woman who lives with "DEJ" in Dubai, UAE. Great blog by world travelers with a lot of variety from travel to politics, ecology to expat life in Dubai. You see fabulous photos too - the ones she recently posted of Greece will have you buying plane tickets.

THE 1979 - writing from Kuala Lumpur, Low@ describes himself as young Malaysian-Chinese man who likes to exchange post cards and hopefully be "in the postcard" someday. Beyond his travel interests, you'll find him to be a great photographer - especially of people - perhaps because he puts his time where his mouth is where it comes to community service, working to help the handicapped, the ecology, and world peace. I only wish he had time to post more often.

***
If your blog is listed, please don't feel rejected. I don't even have room for all the blogs I visit on my sidebar links. Happy blogging everyone.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Merdeka!

Thanks for the rec, I will visit them

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I would have liked to add Moody's blog as his excursion to Oz was very interesting. Anyway... another time.
W.

Pandabonium said...

Robin - cheers.

W. Choosing just five was a tough exercise for me. Moody didn't make my list today because I am often mentioning him and linking to his blog "Life in the Land of the Rising Sun". ;^)

nzm said...

Thanks for the inclusion!

You didn't have to do it, it wasn't a chain letter or anything!

But it is fun - I'm getting visits from countries all over the world and have been linked to blogs that I didn't know about before.

I also get the chance to explore new blogs from your list!

Pandabonium said...

You're welcome, NZM, but I included your blog only because I thought it would be of interest to readers. Glad you are getting some traffic.

@ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Thanks, my friend! I felt honoured, really! :p I figure out the best way to show my appreciation...is obviously another post! :)))

By the way, you should include yourself in, anytime. Have a nice weekend!

PinkPanther said...

PandaB: I tagged your name on my new post. Hoping you don’t mind that, because I wrote it in Chinese. ;-p

The Moody Minstrel said...

FAME!

I wanna live forever...

I wanna learn how to fly...

Wait a minute, what am I singing for? Oh, well. We can sing for the fortunate five!

*blush*