2006/05/11

Red Sky At Night

The old saying goes, "Red sky in morning, sailor take warning. Red sky at night, sailor's delight" - the sky being an indicator of fair or foul weather ahead. There must be some delighted sailors in these waters tonight.

After a rainy day, toward sunset the sky brightened and I jumped on the bicycle to race down the hill to Lake Kitaura and see what I could see. I think I missed the better part of it, but the sky was still beautiful, so I hung around the rice paddies and lake shore to take a few pics even though it meant riding back up the hill in the dark.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Now, as the darkness deepens, an owl is calling from somewhere nearby. It is the first one I've heard this spring.

12 comments:

PinkPanther said...

PANDAB: (*@o@*) Another good Photographer after “Low”

What a BEAUTIFUL golden sunset photos.

Um…Let’s imagine a UFO that Happy saw in Malaysia, flew across the blue and golden sky. Suddenly, three aliens were fighting with their radiation swords, then….
(L.O.L.) sounds like a S-F film.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Tranquil place at that time of night. Great photography. and the owl is calling?
W.

Dragon City said...

nice photo...= )

Pandabonium said...

Pinkpanther - thanks for the compliment.
I did see ufos down by the lake, how did you know? And there was an alien- me!
The UFOs were some kind of flying insect I didn't recognize. ;^)

Wendy - It really is nice and peaceful by the lake on a summer evening. I like to ride along the levy anytime though. The owl was calling near our house while I was posting the pictures.

Dragon City - thanks for dropping by. always nice to have visitors from Malaysia. Glad you like the photo.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Shucks....I drove home early today...missed the sunset.

Chen said...

Quote "Red sky in morning, sailor take warning. Red sky at night, sailor's delight"..

My version goes this way..
"Red sky regardless whatever time in the day, my delight, cos it's photo shooting session" :P

Robin said...

oh no.. Unker infected everyone of us?:)

Pandabonium said...

Moody - I only caught it because K called me from her car.

Chen - I'm with you, but for those out on the ocean it becomes a different matter.

Robin - I could think of worse fates. :)

Happysurfer said...

As a child, an older playmate used to tell me that if the evening sky is red, it'll be very hot the following day. Up to this day, I've always welcomed a red evening sky for the fine weather the next day would bring.

Pandabonium, thanks for the beautiful sight.

Pandabonium said...

You're most welcome Happysurfer.

FH2O said...

These are beautifully serene images and thanks for sharing them. Wow! ;)

Pandabonium said...

Thanks FH2O. You are always one to enjoy a sunset.